- Smoking causes 30% of all cancer deaths.
- Ninety percent of people with lung cancer are smokers.
- Being overweight and poor diet are linked to 40% of cancer-related deaths.
- Between 50% and 70% of skin cancers are linked to sun exposure. Mortality from alcohol-related cancer accounts for 3.5%.
- Breast cancer, 90%
- Colon cancer, 90%
- Skin cancer, 100%
- Lung cancer, 80% if detected in first stage
- Cervical cancer, 80%
There are two secondary prevention programs: early detection and genetic counseling
The IVO Early Diagnosis Units
The IVO Early Diagnosis Units aim to prevent and detect the possible presence of cancer before it even causes symptoms.
IVO Genetic Counseling
The objective of Genetic Counseling is to identify those people who carry a pathogenic mutation in genes.